|The following article is currently a work in progress and is being improved for the benefit of all visitors. Pages carrying this template may contain issues which will be fixed as soon as an editor is available to do so. Please wait patiently for this article to be fixed or help out by contributing.|
|Truant Seconds Hand|
|Type of Artwork||Painting|
|Location||Dungeon / Orange Area|
True Guertena Exhibit
Truant Seconds Hand is one of Guertena's paintings located in the Orange Area of the Dungeon in the game Ib. It depicts a clock-like structure, with black, human-like hands imitating the hands of a clock puncturing through the canvas. A stylized red sun surrounded by blue swirls (likely representing clouds or the wind) is attached to the left of the painting; and a yellow, oozing moon with a grinning, malicious face over a starry night sky is attached to the right. When the hands point to the sun the area turns to daytime; likewise, when they point to the moon the area turns to nighttime.
The code to activate the Truant Hand is 72391. It is found in parts, scattered on canvases within the Dark Room. The individual numbers will have a certain color. These colors represent the five paintings in the short hallway to the east (this includes the Anthill Painting which was taken down previously).
Note: One of the canvases has an orange "8." This is not part of the code, and its purpose is likely to trick the player, making the puzzle a little bit more difficult.
In the Orange Area, the painting is located in the south hall of the main room. The Alarm for the Clock is located in the Dark Room, in the middle of the upper wall. Ib must flip the switch to activate the clock's puzzle.
In the True Guertena Exhibit, the painting is located on the middle-north wall in the Orange Room.
- When the area turns to nighttime, several paintings in the Orange Area will change:
- Hard-to-Wake Man will change into Night-Owl Man.
- Beyond Halcyon Skies will become Overfilled Night Sky.
- The steaming tea painting will have cooled.
- Mistake will move faster.
- Stubborn Twins will stop moving and will no longer attack Ib.
- The butterfly will fly out of the Candle Painting and fly around the main hall. Ib will be unable to enter the Dark Room again.
- Malice's True Form will be lying on the floor near the snake.
- If Ib leaves the Orange Area and returns after it becomes nighttime, the area will revert to its daytime form, but the paintings are still changed.